To assure permanent preservation of those rare trees and to secure in perpetuity the scenic beauty of that region.
With this charter, the Torrey Pines Association was founded in 1950 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to increasing public awareness and appreciation for Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve by
- supporting improvements at the Reserve through memberships and other fund-raising activities
- advocating on public issues affecting the welfare of Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve
- participating in management plans
- producing books and videos
- communicating with members about Reserve issues through our newsletters
- sustaining the Reserve in perpetuity with the Torrey Pines Reserve Endowment Fund.